Tuesday, July 17, 2012

ETL501 commentary #1

The first activity was thinking about resources that would slot into Bloom's taxonomy relating to the topic of ecosystems. I found this first task annoying because I've never thought about how these aspects can be broken down. I really had to slow down and think. The more complex the questions became, the more I started brainstorming for specific topics, ie dams, rivers, wetlands, desalination...
I really struggled to think of sources in the higher aspects, ie synthesis and evaluation.
I looked at some of the other students ideas which were really interesting...ie using skype for interviews for the evaluation component and DVDs and You tube videos for  the application components.
In the second task we had to help a geography teacher resource a topic: rainforests
Kauri forest, NZ (source: B. Montgomery)
I chose :
a book on the daintree
a government website on the way rainforests are managed AND
an article on rainforest destruction.
Even though I found these tasks a bit challenging, I am warming to them. They are expanding my research feelers. I get the feeling though that I am only skimming the surface here. There is a lot more to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment